Pages

Monday, June 2, 2014

So Smoky and Slushy Cards




Weird title for a post!  So Smoky and Slushy refers to the colors for this week's color challenge on SCS.  I am guest designing there for the month of June.  The colors this week are: So Saffron, Smoky Slate and Strawberry Slush.  The first two cards were created using the watercoloring with stencils technique that Tim Holtz taught in the online Watercoloring for Cardmakers class.  I wasn't happy with the background on the first card so I made another one.

After making the first two cards I remembered that I have a few MME 6x6" patterned paper pads that had these colors.  So I made the following two cards:



The above card uses the sketch from the Stamplorations blog.  The sentiment is from Winnie and Walter.




This card uses the sketch from Seize the Sketch:



I didn't put a sentiment on this one - I hated to cover up this beautiful patterned paper.  

Thanks for coming by!


4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on guest designing, Harriet!! ALL of your cards are stunning! It's really cool to see the range between your first two and your second two. Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards, Harriet! Really love the bright flowers on the last one. So eye-catching!

    Thanks so much for playing with us at Seize The Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Harriet, these are absolutely GORGEOUS cards! I love your take on my sketch this week at STS! Thanks for joining us xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what you did with the sun stencil - I have that one and have yet to use it in a way I like. More practice! All four cards are great - love the sentiment stamped along the sun ray, and the enamel dots, and the perfect scatters of sequins! So glad you came to play with us at Seize the Sketch, Harriet!

    ReplyDelete